This week and next week, as a reward for completely my Summer classes, I will be living off of Sakara Life meal delivery. If you’re not familiar, it is an organic, plant-based, gluten-free, “superfood” diet.
I’m not one to do a meal plan or prescribe to a “diet,” because I think that real results come from altering your lifestyle, rather than short term changing your diet.
I am not a vegan. I don’t eat all organic. I am not gluten free. And I like to snack (this plan has no snacks) and drink coffee/alcohol (also not allowed).
However, I do believe that consuming a diet (not diet-diet, but just what you eat daily) of whole foods that are MOSTLY plant-based. Personally, I feel better with protein in the form of fish or chicken 2-3 times a week.
So, why am I doing Sakara if I know how to eat well? A few reasons:
- My sister’s wedding is in three weeks. Sakara’s food decreases bloat and makes your skin glow.
- Although I eat well, I tend to overeat, which results in stomach issues (see above re: bloat).
- I actually love eating this way, so it’s like a treat for me.
- Their food combinations inspire me to try different things when I cook for myself.
- Genuine curiosity about what Level II: Detox entails.
I’ve tried Sakara before and loved it. Yes, it’s expensive. But honestly, I’d much rather spend my money on this than on alcohol or eating out at nice restaurants. SURE, do I do this sometimes? Of course, but I like to have balance.
So, before I get to the good stuff (ie photos of food), let me share with you Sakara’s description of Levell II:
- “Intensive cleanse designed to give you a total body reset.”
- “Created with functional medicine doctor Aviva Romm, MD, this powerful program eliminates common inflammation triggers to release years of toxic build-up, reboot your metabolism, heal your gut, and reveal a lighter, brighter, healthier you.”
- Two weeks:
- Prep Week – 5 days of signature nutrition program, including organic, plant-rich breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- Detox Week – 5-day intensive featuring organic, whole-food meals, broths and medical-grade supplements
I’m on Day 1 of the first week now. I will post my daily meals and reviews of them. Wish me luck!