I know, I know. I missed a day. Honestly, the meals were not as photogenic – still very tasty, though!
On Tuesday (Day 2), I had a “Sun-Kissed Berry Crumble” (below) for breakfast, “7-Layer Bowl with Jamaican Jerk Sauce” for lunch, and a “Green Goddess Lasagna” for dinner.
- Breakfast was deliciously dessert-like again, but it didn’t keep me full. Again, lack of protein is most likely the reason.
- The sauce was a great substitution for real jerk-sauce. It wasn’t the same, but delicious in it’s own right. This bowl contained coconut-roasted plantains, fresh mango, and spicy black beans along with some other ingredients like cabbage and a grain.
- The lasagna was by far my favorite meal of the day. Below are the ingredients:
- “Pasta”: zucchini
- Greens: kale, olive oil, Himalayan sea salt
- Marinara: plum tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, yellow onion, basil
- White sauce: cauliflower, artichoke hearts, kale, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, olive oil, garlic, himalayan sea salt, nutmeg, black pepper
- Veg mix: baby turnips, shitake mushrooms
- Garnish: edible flower
Nutritional Observations: Nutritional yeast is high in protein and Vitamin B. I appreciated their use of cauliflower in the sauce. Cauliflower is a great addition to smoothies, or made into rice! Sakara is not afraid of fat (the good kind, of course).
The variety of ingredients they use demonstrates their determination to replicate familiar flavors with unfamiliar food combinations. They don’t provide calorie counts, but they do include a full ingredient list on every package.